Retirement Plan Services
Employer sponsored retirement plans (e.g. 401(k), 403(b), etc.) are typically ranked as the second most important benefit to employees (right after healthcare). To compete for quality employees, an employer needs to have a plan that has reasonable costs (administrative, fund, and match) and satisfies the compliance requirements that can be burdensome.
One of the largest components of compliance for a qualified retirement plan is the fund review obligation of the employer, the Plan Sponsor. Using an adviser with dozens of years of experience will help employers satisfy this obligation.
Our Fiduciary Investment Reviews
A Mix of Art & Science
David Marom holds half a dozen FINRA registrations (Series 7, 24, 65, 6, 51, 53) along with the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) Designation. With over two dozen years of experience reviewing retirement plans, including time as Chief Compliance Officer for a small boutique Broker Dealer and Registered Investment Advisory firm in NY City, he brings his “art” and analytical skills to his proprietary Fiduciary Investment Reviews. This is combined with the “Science” of a statistical investment database arranged by fi360.
The fi360 software is designed for retirement plans
Our analysis utilizes Morningstar® ratings
in combination with historical reviews of 11 key criteria:
1) The fund must have at least a 3-year track history
2) The fund manager must have at least a 2-year track history
3) The fund must have at least 75 million under management
4) The fund's allocation to its primary asset class should be >79%
5) The fund's current style box should match the peer group
6) The fund expense must be in the top 75% of peer group
7) The fund’s alpha must place in the top 50% of its peer group
8) The fund’s Sharpe must place in the top 50% of its peer group
9) The fund’s 1-yr return must place in the top 50% of its peer group
10) The fund’s 3-yr return must place in the top 50% of its peer group
11) The fund’s 5-yr return must place in the top 50% of its peer group